United States Dept. of Agriculture Rural Energy for America Program
- Program Period: Open for the Fiscal Year 2023 Applications due October 31, 2022 (set aside) and March 31, 2023
- Up to 25% of commercial solar panels or energy efficiency projects cost.
Inflation Reduction Act ( Begins on January 1, 2023)
- Section 179D: Existing buildings can get a $2.50-$5.00 tax deduction per square foot of commercial space by demonstrating a 25%-50% improvement in energy efficiency above the energy code compliance of the date the structure was built.
- Section 48: 30% investment tax credit for onsite commercial solar electric.
- Section 45W: 30% investment tax credit qualified clean commercial vehicles (can't use gas or diesel) made in America. (max $7,500 for vehicles under 14,000 pounds and max of $40,000 for all others).
Army Corps Florida Keys Coastal Storm Risk Management
- The Army Corps performed a study to identify all structures at risk of coastal storms. The study was submitted to Congress and is awaiting funding. If funded, the monies would provide 65% of the cost to strengthen 48 critical infrastructure areas keys wide, as well as for the elevation of 4,697 homes and floodproofing of 1,130 businesses. This would be a voluntary program; the resident or business shall expect to fund 35% of their mitigation.