The City of Key West, Florida

The Southernmost City in the Continental United States


Frequently Asked Questions

What are the permitted days and hours for construction work?

Commercial construction, demolition, drilling, or reasonably similar activities are limited to the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. No exceptions contained in this subsection shall apply on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

Domestic power tools sound levels produced from any hand-powered or mechanically powered saw, sander, drill, grinder, lawn/garden tool or reasonably similar tools must occur only between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday only.

I have an after-hours complaint, what should I do?

The office is closed on weekends. However, there are officers working 8 am until 12 am Wednesday through Sunday. You can report a violation on this website.  Click the Citizens Action Line on the right side of the home screen. Click on "Submit a Request" and then click on "Code Violation". If you need to contact a compliance officer, you can call the Key West Police Department's non-emergency number, (305) 809-1000 to request a compliance officer return your call.

Can I store my boat, trailer or RV on the street?

No. They must be parked and/or stored on your property with no part of the boat, trailer or RV extending into a public right-of-way or an adjoining property.

I am a renter. I am having issues with my landlord maintaining the interior or my dwelling. What can I do?

Tthis is a civil matter and the City of Key West does not have any laws pertaining to tenant-landlord agreements.

In this Department