Is there a fee for a LOMA?

For a standard LOMA request there’s no fee. Yet, a LOMA application requires an Elevation Certificate. If you don’t have one, then you’ll need to obtain one from a surveyor. (Find a Land Surveyor) Before you order a new Elevation Certificate, check with your flood insurance agent to see if they have one on-file.

Construction LOMA Application

However, if your building was constructed atop fill that was brought in for its construction, then a different type of LOMA Application (LOMA-Friday) will be necessary, and there’s a significant Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) fee for these applications.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a fee for a LOMA?
2. I have an old Elevation Certificate. Can I use this to obtain a LOMA?
3. Is there an easy way to tell if my property qualifies for a LOMA?
4. There are multiple buildings on my lot, do I need an Elevation Certificate for each building?
5. Do Elevation Certificates expire?
6. If I get a LOMA, do I still need to carry flood insurance?
7. Can I submit my LOMA Application directly to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) online?
8. I received a notice that my building may be eligible for a LOMA, but it's already in a less-expensive flood zone, so why did I get this notice?
9. How long does it take Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to process a LOMA application?