FEMA released the updated Elevation Certificate form on Friday, July 7, 2023. There is no grace period for the old form. Any form signed and dated as of July 7, 2023, must be on the latest FEMA EC Form. To obtain a copy of the form, please go here.
For Quick Reference: the same fields from the old form are still being required by Community Rating System (CRS). New fields and newly-required fields on this new form are:
- A5 Lat and Long (every time)
- A6 (at least 2, preferably 4 or more photos must be submitted with each Elevation Certificate (EC), and they must be clear/visible)
- All of A8 (when appropriate)
- All of A9 (when appropriate)
- B1.a. and B1.b (yes, both must be entered and correct)
- C2f (LAG) and C2g (HAG): boxes are now required for either "Natural" or "Finished" grade. These must be marked every time (when Section C is used).
- Section E – the stage of construction "Construction Drawings"/Buildings Under Construction"/"Finished Construction" must be marked when this section is used.
- E5 must be completed (when appropriate)
- G8 (every time)
- G11 (every time)
- Local officials must provide their Name, Signature, and Date in Section G (every time)
* The new Sections H and I are for insurance purposes only and ARE NOT reviewed for CRS purposes.