Residential Parking Permit Program
The residential parking permit is available to purchase online for $39.13. This price includes tax, credit card processing, and administrative fees.
The permit also allows you to park in six (6) City lots for four hours a day.
- The Park and Ride on Grinnell
- The main lot at the Key West Bight on Caroline
- The Fire Station on Angela Street
- Smathers Beach
- The Truman Waterfront Park
- Fire Station 2 lot on Simonton Street
- The Jackson Square lot located behind the courthouse. The permit is only good in Jackson Square evenings and on weekends.
The 2021/2022 Permit
In 2021, the City of Key West Parking Division partnered with Passport Labs, Inc. to provide Digital Permits – including the Residential Permit! The permit is assigned to your license plate number. Your Decal will be mailed to you.
Applicants will need to upload proof of residency, a valid driver's license, and vehicle registration to qualify for a Residential Permit. Your Decal will be mailed to you.
Once your application is approved, you can pay and use it directly from your smartphone - instead of the pay station. Valid to park in "Residential" spaces too.
All other parking regulations remain unaffected by this permit program. For example, no boat, trailer, RV, or vehicle over 20 feet in length, can park on-street or in municipal lots. Additionally, all cars parked on-street must be moved every 72 hours (three days) per the existing City Code.
With a valid Residential Permit, vehicles can park in marked "Resident Permit" spaces on the street located within the Historic District. Additionally, vehicles can park in certain parking lots for four (4) hours one time per day without paying.
Please note; you must enter your license plate number and permit number into Parking Pay Station to receive your four (4) hour parking credit.
List of Parking Lots
- Old Town Garage (also known as Park' n' Ride on Caroline Street)
- Key West Bight main lot next to Waterfront Brewery in the 800 block of Caroline Street
- Fire Station Lot in the 600 block of Simonton
- Truman Waterfront Park (except during events)
- Smathers Beach on-street along the South Roosevelt Boulevard
- Jackson Square after hours and weekends
Who Can Qualify
- Residents of the City of Key West
- Key West Real Estate Property Owners
- Active Military Personnel Stationed in Key West
- Seasonal Residents Who Reside in Key West for Four (4) Months or Longer
- Businesses Holding Business Tax Receipt (License) with the City of Key West
Purchase the New Digital Parking Permits online!
- How do I apply for a residential parking permit?
- How much does the Residential permit cost?
- What proof of eligibility do I need to apply for the permit?
- I own a business in Key West. Is my vehicle eligible for a Residential Parking Permit?
- Where can I park with the Residential Permit?
- May I park in pay to parking lots using my Residential permit?
- May I park in the unmarked spaces with the Residential permit?
- I bought a Residential permit in June, is it valid until next June?
- My mailing address says Key West, but I live up the Keys, can I get a Residential Permit?
- I bought a residential permit, but am moving out of town, can I get a refund?
- I lease my vehicle, can I get a residential permit?
- My car is registered in someone else’s name (for example: my parent’s or my wife’s or business) can I register it for the residential parking program?
- My car is not registered in Florida, (or Driver’s License is from another state). Can I apply for the permit?
- I have more than one vehicle, can I register them all?