- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions A - C
- Bahama Village Redevelopment Advisory Committee
Bahama Village Redevelopment Advisory Committee
About the Committee
Bahama Village Redevelopment Advisory Committee (BVRAC) was established in 2008 by the City Commission (Ordinance 08-018) and their responsibilities were updated in 2011 (Ordinance 11-16 (PDF)). The mission and duties of the Committee are advisory to the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and are limited to property within the boundaries of the Bahama Village Redevelopment Subarea.
The mission and duties of the committee are as follows:
1. To recommend to the Caroline Street Corridor and Bahama Village Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) projects best suited for the use of redevelopment trust funds.
2. To recommend to the city commission changes to the Bahama Village Redevelopment Plan and city ordinances that would promote the purposes of F.S. § 163.387, and those which would improve the process for reviewing requests for funding.
3. To review applications from individuals and organizations eligible to receive TIF funds and recommend to the CRA those projects they determine by majority vote to deserve consideration by the CRA. Except in circumstances involving a justifiable emergency and those projects under taken prior to the enactment of this ordinance preference should be given to those projects with a contemplated plan of action to ensure the most appropriate and fiscally responsible use of taxpayer funds, rather than to projects seeking reimbursement.
4. To recommend to the Naval Properties Local Redevelopment Authority (LRA) the use of land owned by the LRA, but falling within the boundaries of the CRA, for the benefit of the Bahama Village Community Redevelopment Area.
The committee shall be subject to the uniform procedures for advisory boards, section 2-281 through and including 2-289.
The city manager shall ensure that the committee is adequately staffed.
Notwithstanding the provisions of section 2-285, the committee shall meet at least on a quarterly basis and, at the committee's option, more frequently.
At least once per quarter, the committee shall transmit to the city commission a written report.
The Bahama Village Redevelopment Advisory Committee sunsets upon expiration of trust fund financing.
Presentations by Consultants Zyscovich Architects are made available in PDF for review. The improvements and Community Redevelopment Trust Fund expenditures (TIF) that occur within the Bahama Village Redevelopment Subarea are governed by the 2010 Community Redevelopment Plan (PDF), specifically the ten Bahama Village Redevelopment Objective and Strategies (PDF) (Section 4.04) and Florida State Statute for CRAs (PDF). The Bahama Village Redevelopment Subarea is managed by City staff and the Bahama Village Redevelopment Advisory Committee, otherwise known as BVRAC.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Assistance
It is the policy of the City of Key West to comply with all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please call the TTY number at 800-955-8771 or 800-955-8770 (Voice) or ADA Coordinator 305-809-3811 at least five business days in advance for sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or materials in accessible format.