A FIRMette is a small page-sized neighborhood version of the flood maps. A FIRMette is created on Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA’s) website and becomes a legal flood map for the area it covers.
When you need to submit a copy of the flood map for a specific location, a FIRMette should be your first choice.
- Proceed to FEMA’s Map Service Center
- Enter the street address in the Search bar
- View the "Dynamic Map" near the blue magnifying glass
- You should now see the FIRMette, with your location roughly in the middle of the map
- Print or download this map using the icons in the upper right corner.
- If you’ll be submitting your LOMA application online, you’ll want to download this file.