The City of Key West Emergency Management Team is working closely with the National Weather Service in monitoring the disturbance off the coast of Mexico.
At this time, Key West may face some heavy rain on Friday, which may cause flooding in low-lying areas.
Motorists are warned to avoid driving through standing water and remember to take care to avoid driving wakes of water up into yards or residences.
This early start to hurricane season is a good reminder to check that you’re ready.
• Have a disaster supply kit
• Have a plan, including plans for the disabled
• Be sure you have a plan for your pets
• Prepare your home and check your yard for potential projectiles like coconuts.
• Be sure you have the medication you might need
For hurricane resources and updates throughout the season go to: