The City of Key West has revamped its residential parking permit system to make it easier to navigate.
After hearing strong feedback from the community, the City of Key West will continue issuing residential parking decals. But the new system allows you to purchase the permit online. You won’t need to go to the Tax Collector’s offices to purchase one. Just click the link on the City’s website, and you’re on your way! Once the online permit process is approved, you’ll be receiving your new sticker in the mail. All current stickers are valid until the end of October.
On October 1st, residents will be able to obtain a permit that allows parking in spaces marked residential. The permit also allows you to park in six City lots for four hours a day.
The permit also allows you to park in six City lots for four hours a day listed:
- Park and Ride on Grinnell,
- Main lot at the Key West Bight on Caroline,
- Fire Station #2 on Angela Street,
- Smathers Beach
- The Truman Waterfront Park
- Jackson Square behind the courthouse. The permit is only good in Jackson Square evenings and on weekends.