Residential Parking Permit Program
The 2020/2021 Permit
The 2020/21 decal is $20.00 and available October 1, 2020 at the Monroe County Tax Collector’s Office in the Harvey Government Center at 1200 Truman Avenue. Fees are intended to cover the cost of issuance and are not refundable or prorated. Applicants will need to show proof of residency, a valid driver’s license and vehicle registration in order to obtain a residential parking permit decal. Permit decals are the sole property of the City of Key West and are not intended for resale or transferable. All other parking regulations remain unaffected by this permit program. For example, no boat, trailer, RV, or vehicle over 20 feet in length, can park on-street or in municipal lots. Additionally, all vehicles parked on-street must be moved every 72 hours (three days) per existing City Code.
With a valid Residential Permit, vehicles are able to park in marked "Resident Permit" spaces on the street located within the Historic District. Additionally, vehicles can park in certain parking lots for four (4) hours one time per day without paying. Please note; you must enter your license plate number and permit number into Parking Pay Station to receive your four (4) hour parking credit.
- Vehicles need a new annual residential parking decal to park in a residential space.
- Monroe County Tags are no longer accepted.
- Attach Permit Decal on the bottom corner of the Windshield on the Driver’s Side.
List of Parking Lots
- Old Town Garage (also known as Park ‘n’ Ride on Caroline Street)
- Main Lot at Key West Bight in the 800 block of Caroline Street (Waterfront Brewery)
- Fire Station Lot in the 600 block of Simonton
- Truman Waterfront Park (except during events)
- Smathers Beach on-street along South Roosevelt Boulevard
- Jackson Square (only after hours and during weekends)
Who Can Qualify
- Residents of the City of Key West
- Key West Real Estate Property Owners
- Military Personnel Stationed in Key West Area
- Seasonal Residents Who Reside in the City of Key West for Four Months or Longer
- Businesses Holding Business Tax Receipt (License) with the City of Key West
- How much does the permit decal cost?
- I bought a Residential permit in June, is it valid until next June?
- What proof of eligibility do I need to bring to apply for the permit?
- My mailing address says Key West, but I live up the Keys, can I get a Residential Permit?
- I bought a permit decal but am now moving out of town, can I get a refund?
- I lease my vehicle, can I get a residential decal?
- My car is registered in someone else’s name (for example: my parent’s or my wife’s or business) can I register it for the residential parking program?
- My car is not registered in Florida, (or Driver’s License is from another state). Can I apply for the permit?
- I have more than one vehicle, can I register them all?
- If I have a Residential Parking Decal, do I have to move my vehicle every 3 days?
- Where can I park with the Residential Permit?
- My street has some spaces marked "Residential" and some that are not marked. Can I park in the unmarked spaces with the Residential decal too?
- Can I purchase a Residential Parking Permit for my boat?
- I have a moped/scooter/motorcycle, do I need a decal?