About the Board
The City Commission created the Sustainability Advisory Board by passage of Resolution 09-021 at the City Commission Meeting held on January 21, 2009. In July of 2010, Resolution 10-215 was passed amending the composition of the Board Members for purposes of establishing a quorum.
Mission & Duties
The Mission and duties of the Sustainability Advisory Board are as follows:
- Advise and assist the City Commission in efforts to make City operations more sustainable
- Assist in the development of plans and policies to enhance the sustainability of the City as a whole
- Educate and engage the public in efforts to make the community of Key West, including residents, businesses and institutions, more sustainable
- Educate and support other Key West organizations to become more sustainable
- To promote the sustainability of the community as a whole, considering public and private actors and their effects on ecological, economic and community systems
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Assistance
It is the policy of the City of Key West to comply with all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please call the TTY number at 800-955-8771 or 800-955-8770 (Voice) or the ADA Coordinator at 305-809-3811 at least five business days in advance for sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or materials in accessible format.