How to Ride the Bus
Routes & Schedules
See Schedule and Route Maps to download the route maps and schedules. View the maps to determine the starting and ending locations that are closest to your desired location and for the route that travels to those locations. Go to the time schedule for your desired route to find the times you can board the bus at your chosen stop. If your stop is not listed in the time schedules, estimate the time in between the two closest stops listed. If a route does not travel directly to your destination, you may have to utilize more than one bus.
If you have difficulty determining which bus to take, please call us at 305-809-3910 or visit Key West Transit for more detailed information. Complete route maps with all bus stops are available under Live Map at kwtransit.com.
- Be at your bus stop five minutes before the scheduled arrival time, make sure you are on the correct side of the road - you must be on the same side of the road as the bus is traveling.
- Be ready with exact change or bus pass in hand before you board. If you are paying a reduced fare, have your ID ready and show it to the driver.
- Drivers do not make change
- Advise the driver in advance of paying if you wish to purchase a one (1) or seven (7) day pass.
- Check the destination sign above the windshield to ensure you are boarding the correct bus.
- If you are not familiar with the area, feel free to ask the driver to announce your destination.
- Remain seated while the bus is moving. Keep exits and aisles free from obstruction.
- Out of courtesy to fellow passengers, smoking, drinking, eating, gambling, littering, yelling, loud talking or music without headphones is not allowed.
- When you are about one block from your desired stop, pull the cord.
- Gather all your personal belongings and exit through the rear door. Advise the driver if you have a bike stored in the bike rack.