Alternatives to BPAS

The following avenues may be available to property owners seeking new residential development without being subject to the Building Permit Allocation System (BPAS):

  • For eligible vacant lots, a Beneficial Use Determination
  • A Lawful Unit Determination (LUD) for housing established prior to the 2010 Census
  • Transferable Development Rights (TDRs) for transient units and/or licenses