Common Code Violations

Debris on the City Right-of-Way

You may place as many waste and recycling containers as required.  Separate clean yard waste (no trash or food waste) on your recycling trash and yard waste collection day.  Yard waste will not be accepted in any bag.  Containers may be placed onto the City Right-of-Way after 4:00 PM on the day before pick up.  The container(s) must be removed from the Right-of-Way by 8:00 PM on the same day as pick up.

Work Being Done Without a Permit

Before any work begins, permits are required for structural repairs and most plumbing and electrical work.  If you are unsure if a permit is needed, call (305) 809-3956.

Unlicensed Businesses

A business tax receipt is required for amusement/entertainment businesses, coin-operated machines, financial institutions, food service activities, insurance companies, manufacturing businesses, newspaper or magazine publishers, rental businesses, retail establishments, general service providers, transportation, communications, etc.  Please contact the Licensing Department at (305) 809-3956.

High Grass, Debris Around a Structure or Lot

Junk and rubbish cannot be left in the yard and must be appropriately disposed of. 

This would include but not be limited to:

  • Appliances
  • Building materials
  • Debris
    • Fallen Limbs
    • Palm Fronds
    • Tree trimmings
  • Furniture
  • Trash